If you are looking for a competitive advantage, you don’t have to look very far. In fact, the answer to all your business problems right now is something that you can find within the company. Have you ever asked yourself if you have a cohesive team? Perhaps the answer to this question is the key to your growing success. If only companies would recognize that they are not getting the success that they want because the core of their company is not as coherent as it should be.
How do you know that your team is already coherent enough to come up with brilliant solutions to your business problem? How do you know that you have got everything you need to make your company work? The answer is pretty simple. Here are the five behaviours of a cohesive team that will help you decide whether you’ve got it or not.
- Trust is the key to having a successful relationship within the company. Since you’ve got a lot of people working at different tasks, all that you should expect from each one of them is that they at least have trust in each other. When they trust in each other, they are likely to do their best to do their job.
- Conflicts are not that all bad. In fact, there is a kind of conflict that should exist within the company. A healthy kind of conflict only means that perspectives are explored until the best option is found. The disagreement to settle to just any kind of solution is good for the company, because it means more than one possible process is explored, until the best possible outcome is reached.
- Commitment to making the right decisions should always be present in the people who work with the company to achieve success. This can only be achieved when each one feels that their opinions and suggestions are valued by the company.
- Each one is accountable for each other. Because trust and commitment are two things that binds the different member of the company. Moreover, when they need help in completing what they do, they would be comfortable to ask their colleagues for help.
- The focus of every team member should always be on the results output of the company. When they think of working hard to achieve success, they only give the company more than is expected of them.